Friday, September 26, 2008

Marc's Hobby (Just a suggestion)

Being a 1/6 military freak, I'd and probably should influence Marcus into my income depriving hobby. Till date I think I've spent way over 7k in my 1/6 hobby alone, with the latest being a RM345 purchase of SS CIA SAD ops figure. That's nothing compared to 1.75k lump sum spent acquiring a retired 1/6 collector. And I'm itching over another retiring collector's collection of 6 boxed figure for 1.1k which I'm trying hard to resist. After all, I'm broke >.<

Getting into any collecting hobby, the first thing that one need is a good display case. Yes, get the case first before getting the figure. The cheapest case is always self assembled bookshelf form Tesco/Carefour/Giant hypermarkets. Without a proper display case, your collection are exposed to the hazardous, value depriving substance called dust.

After getting that, only proceed in buying whatever collectibles.

Other then 1/6, I've collected die cast metal scaled cars, 6" Street Fighter II action figures (from SOTA toys) and gashapons. One thing about those PVC gashapons is how dust seems to like them. And it tend to get sticky after years in the shelf, probably due to reaction to the Malaysian heat. Which is also why I sold off my gashapon collection before it deteriorate any further.

Here are some less wallet damaging collectibles. Articulated figurines!



Pics from XL-Shop

4 comments:

m a r c said...

wah. poison!!! @.@
i wonder if there's such a hobby as just building dioramas. xD

Alex Wong said...

you are going to be happy to know, yes there is a hobby that's just on building dio.

m a r c said...

wahlao. that must be like damn expensive?

Alex Wong said...

it doesn't have to be expensive. you can start with prefabricated dio like the gundam mech bay that sells for RM39 for a 15X15cm base.