Monday, September 22, 2008

Bukit Tinggi Sunday Drive

It was more then just a drive up Bukit Tinggi. In the end, we ended up sight seeing (which cost each of us RM16 entrance fee).

The drive was set back an hour later for Marc to get some extra snooze. But everything else went according to plan, we had breakfast at McD Gombak Stop, then shoot for Bukit Tinggi via Karak highway. Traffic was minimal. There were vehicles here and there, but traffic was smooth flowing and surprisingly, no road hogs and I was cruising 120 all the way till 1km from the Bukit Tinggi exit where I slowed down with indicators on to beacon Marc.

On the way up (past the first guard house), we passed a group of yellow and white skylines and RX7 who were calmly exiting the hill. My initial guess was Eugine and his group of friends, and true enough it was them, since he blogged about it. When the super cars passed, and no one in sight I floored it and charged up hill. It's been a really long time since I last touge. And with the seasoned 1 year old PP2 tires on my Neo, I wasn't loosing much traction. Although I did lost traction mid corner a couple of times, but I didn't loose control at all. Traction was easily gained the moment I corrected my slip (weather over or under steer). But I do need to have my front suspensions looked into since I heard a dull thump from the front suspension pillars twice mid corner and once on the camouflaged speed bump.

After that short but fun rempit session, we bought entry tickets to access Berjaya Hill Resort attractions, The French Village, Japanese Village, Botanical Garden and Rabbit Park. It was Marc and WK first time there, so sweetheart and I became tour guides and camera man for them. We took allot of shots at the French Village and enjoyed the cool breeze at the look out tower, opposite the clock tower. The Japanese Village is next via tourist truck/buggy ride. Its actually a lorry fitted with seats at the rear to ferry passengers (like those in zoo negara). It was inadvisable to touge up this smaller, narrower, steeper road with much more blind spots and heavier traffic since it will be accessed by the tourist transport vehicle every 30 minutes. Furthermore the visitors carpark is quite a walk away from the entrance. Many more shots were taken at the Japanese garden as lighting conditions were pleasant to the sensitive skin, but enough to take clear and sharp images. Sweetheart and I fed some fishes while at it. We did not enter the Botanical Garden though since none of us are interested in plants.

After that we drove back down to the Rabbit Park cum petting zoo to molest some rabbits before heading back home. It rained on the way back, forcing me to reduce speed dramatically. and be gentler in the corners. But that didn't stop me from overtaking slower moving vehicles.

Only Marc and WK brought cameras and camera phones. My phone doesn't come with a camera :(

so, please post some pics guys.

1 comment:

m a r c said...

Very nice write-up! I could barely remember anything since was busy taking photos. >.<