Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Torn between two

My wrist has been pretty bare since my cheap Rolex knock off broke. It’s not that the automatic mechanism fail, but the strap just gave way. Now, after a year without a watch and a bulging wallet that needs to loose some weight, I’ve decided to accessorize myself once again.

Yesterday I was at 1 U (again) getting a replacement clear case cover for my K750i and I’ve noticed a shop which was having sales for Seiko watches. For some design the discount is up to RM100. Not a bad deal since it’s a timeless design, but it’s the name Seiko which gives me a second thought. I’m a sucker for big brand names. Though I’m not fancy of owning any Nike or Reebok, but when coming to watches, I still prefer Swatch most. Both Seiko and Swatch do have aluminum strap watch which is kinetic powered and has date setting. The price difference between the two is RM200. The Seiko which was on promotion is RM198 while Swatch Irony series of similar design and function is sold at RM400 at the showroom and there’s no discount for Swatch watches in all the shops in 1 U.

In the end, I ended up buying nothing because I don’t believe in spending RM400 for a single watch. If it was paired, then I might consider.

2 comments:

m a r c said...

Hmm. Speaking of watches.
I'm thinkin to get myself a Casio.
ahahhahaha.

Really. Because they have that 10-year battery life thingy now for their watches.
RM99 or even cheaper oso. T.T

Alex Wong said...

10 years battery life? cool, but i'm more interested in the kinetic powered ones though :p