Saturday, April 29, 2006

1/6 Irony

I'm not sure what to blog about, so here goes my first post :p

Meet John Doe no 51. A weird name for a figure, but hey, Hot Toys ain't fancy about naming their products which is so unlike Dragon or bbi. Anyway, I got John about 3-4 months ago when he was first released as a Private Military Contractor. Since I couldn't afford the whole set, I manage to get him loose without any accessories or clothes on. "Poor John".

Anyway, I was quick to give him a new job away from the desert. Maybe as a British SAS deep in the tropical rainforest of the Kalimantan Borneo region as part and partial of this vigorous training. Then something happened, I didn't have enough gear for him other than woodland BDU, SAS Tactical vest (woodland), some Kevlar, Military Boots and a silver revolver which is not even part of the British armament. I was in a dilemma, my SAS bash is not materializing.

In the end, I manage to put up some quick desert tan accessories on John to make him look like… a private military contractor with too much grenade on him. The good news is, it’s not finished yet, so maybe there’s still a chance in the future that John won’t be breathing dust in the Iraqi desert.

4 comments:

m a r c said...

Hmm. He looks promising. XD
I'm still waiting for your diorama Rusty.
That would be the ULTIMATE. LOL. XD

Alex Wong said...

oh, I am working on a diorama. just that i've got all the parts ready yet and a nice display case for it.

m a r c said...

wwwaaaaaaaaaa...... finally you are in the process of making it. w00t.

can't wait to see it. ^^
especially pictures of it.

i can imagine the limitless possibilities of a diorama. can always tweak it by changing positions and items in it. it's like can never get bored!! wooott... XD

Alex Wong said...

yeah, but the downside of it is the amount so space that it's going to occupy. =.="